3128 Highwoods Blvd
Raleigh, NC 27604
Phone: (443) 857-5701
Facebook: WellCare NC
History: WellCare of North Carolina provides government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex needs, primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans across all one hundred counties throughout the state. WellCare of North Carolina administers one of the state’s Medicaid Prepaid Health Plans (PHPs).
WellCare is a wholly owned subsidiary of Centene Corporation, a leading multi-national healthcare enterprise that is committed to helping people live healthier lives.
Mission: WellCare of North Carolina strives to be the leader in government- sponsored health care programs in North Carolina. We do this by ensuring, through deep engagement with our members, providers, and government partners, that that every WellCare of North Carolina member receives high-quality health care, and has access to resources that help them live fuller, healthier lives.
WellCare of North Carolina has three main values. The first is to serve others first. We put our members first and foremost, partnering with providers in serving our members to earn their trust.
Our second value is to be accountable. All associates are responsible for the commitments we make. We hold ourselves and each other accountable to drive results aggressively and prudently.
Lastly, we act as a team. We value a diverse and inclusive culture. We seek candid communication, respectful challenge, and collaboration in all that we do. We jointly own outcomes and never pass the buck—working as One Team to achieve our collective goals.
– In 2022, implemented the highly effective Groups Recover Together virtual medication assisted treatment programming for members struggling with Opioid addiction.
– Provide enhanced support for mental health providers to deliver evidenced based trauma treatment services to children and families.
– Ongoing multi-year support of the UNC Project ECHO Autism online learning and guided practice model.
– Awarded a grant to Mind Body Baby to promote quality community health for the pregnant and postpartum women in Mecklenburg County. Mind Body Baby is a maternal health non-profit organization dedicated to helping take care of new mothers. The grant provides funding to support Mind Body Baby’s Annual Nurturing -Parenthood Event and sponsorship of a bi-weekly parent support groups hosted at the WellCare Welcome Room.
– Hosted one community baby shower for members in each Medicaid region across the state throughout 2021.