Our Mission Statement & Core Values
Our mission is to unify the voice of North Carolina’s addiction professionals through advocacy, technical assistance, and educational opportunities while providing innovative programs to advance the field.
Our History & Background
As the professional trade association for substance use professionals and providers in the state of North Carolina, APNC sits at the nexus of the substance use and mental health industries to provide a collective voice with a cohesive message in all matters that affect individuals, providers, and the people they serve.
APNC is a 501c6 non-profit association that supports North Carolina experts dedicated to substance use disorders while providing resources and access to world class research.
APNC provides advocacy and lobbying to help change the policy and stigma around the substance use disorder field. We provide continuing education opportunities for those who need to maintain their licensure to continue practicing in the state of North Carolina. In addition APNC provides direct service to frontline behavioral health workers in the areas of prevention and recovery.
Our Current Projects & Mental Health Initiatives
- Advocate for more effective and equitable policies
- Consult and provide technical assistance in a variety of areas
- Provide education opportunities for individuals, organizations, and the general public
- Connect partners across the industry to foster collaboration and innovation
- Serve the behavioral health frontline workforce