800 Eastowne Drive
Chapel Hill NC 27514
Service areas: Orange, Durham, Chatham Counties
- History: KidSCope was created in 1988 to provide services to young children and their families. KidSCope’s specialized staff provides social-emotional health services for young children, consultation in child care classrooms, parent education, inclusive child care, and resources for families and providers of young children.
- Early Childhood Mental Health Consultation
Consultants provide support based on the needs of individual children and work with child care providers and families to create success strategies in the classroom.
- KidSCope Outreach Services
Provides evidence-based therapies in English and Spanish for families with children birth-5 which focus on improving the caregiver-child relationship and increasing children’s positive behaviors. Parents are actively involved in the program and gain an understanding of their child’s behaviors and how to address them in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- Assuring Better Child Health and Development
ABCD promotes high-quality developmental screening services in primary care medical practices through medical provider education and technical assistance. ABCD provides free materials, information and consultation about early intervention services, developmental screening, parent education resources, and early learning resources for children birth-5 and their families.
- Incredible Years Parent Education
Offered in English and Spanish, classes focus on play and positive involvement with children, praise and rewards, effective limit setting and non-violent discipline practices.
- Inclusive Child Care Centers
These programs provide year round center-based early childhood education to children ages birth-5 in Chapel Hill and Siler City. The programs operate an “inclusion” model for children who are typically developing and those with or at risk for developmental disabilities and/or disabilities. Services include educational/developmental activities, parent education, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, transportation, and before and/after school care.
Mission: Our mission is to develop, demonstrate and deliver programs and strategies that will enhance the lives of children, youth and families. Of principal concern to outreach project staff are families in poverty, families caring for the elderly, children with disabilities or chronic illness, and children at risk of abuse and neglect.